Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10, 2010--The birds


Happy Sunday to you all.
This is a card I made today---and after I started coloring and got it done itreminded me of my Dad.  Mom and Dad's anniversary would have been tomorrow so I thought it fitting to post in their honor.  They would have been married 63 years--we lost dad on Oct 28th...some friends and the family will know the semblance of the birds.
The image was one I rec'd in an image package from my sister Judy, and I colored it with mostly BIC markers.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for my edges.  The charm was from a bracelet from the dollar store.  Hope you like it.
If you have time and would like to leave me a message I would love to hear from you.
But above all
Let's keep our pinkes inky.

Hugs

8 comments:

paige said...

wow! such beautiful coloring and the card is fantastic!

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

Beautiful tribute to your parents, I'm sure they would have been pleased. The locket is a very nice touch. As always in awe of how you color things, you guys and your bic markers just amaze me. Sure not happy with my Marvy markers they have dried out considerably since purchasing which was not that long ago!!

Jennie said...

Love the card Gloria! What a great image. I love birds and flowers.

Anonymous said...

Gloria, I'm sorry I didn't realize you were hospitalized. Your cards are beautiful. I love the New Years one the image is great and the little birdhouse is just sweet

Julie Ann said...

So pretty, Gloria!! I love how you hung the charm :)

Anonymous said...

Gloria this is beautiful, and so special! This is another of the new MS punches I got... Love it too! I want them all! lol
Love you

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Gloria...ans such a wonderful tribute to your parents. Soo glad you are feeling better...

Barbara said...

Gorgeous! I love birdhouses and the little yellow bird is so much like the dozens of goldfinches we get in our backyard. The border punch is perfect!

Hugs,
Barb